NOTE: this is currently broken due to Sta.sh Writer, but the script is being replaced with Comment CLOUD, which will be able to be used anywhere on the website instead of just the forums. If you want updates ask me or check my journals/this deviation.
This script makes it easier to use emoticons on the Forums by taking advantage of Emote CLOUD
This script will add:
- A database of emote codes, like the ones for the official dA emotes, that can be used for user-created emotes. User-created emotes are just deviations. For example, you can type :8Bdance: in a comment to use .
- A menu that displays these emotes alongside who made them and their vote count.
- The ability to add an emote made by you or someone else to everybody's database of emote codes, and the ability to vote up/down existing ones. Multiple emotes can share the same code and the one with the highest votecount will be displayed when that code is used.
ReleasesVersion 0.7 (Jan 13, 2013) [current]
Version 0.6.1 (Jul 30, 2012)
- Numerous bugs with the interface were fixed. Notable ones include:
- The links at the bottom of the really big comment box on the bottom of the thread no longer disappear when you click them if you didn't type something in first.
- When you'd mouse over the deviation or vote links for an emote in the Forum Cloud menu, it would flicker over and over again. That's been fixed.
- The Forum Cloud links for new threads used to display incorrectly.
- Search has been implemented! Type something in the search box and hit enter, and it'll display emotes that match that text, ordered by vote count and alphabetical order.
- There is now a built in link to the Emote Cloud.
Version 0.6 (Jul 29, 2012)
- A very minor issue was fixed in Chrome which made it so the emote and menu info didn't disappear when you moved your mouse away from a menu item.
Version 0.5.1 (June 5, 2012)
- Emote images now only show when hovering over their respective menu item.
- Clicking on an emote code will add it to the text box.
- You can now vote for public emotes. Click + to vote up an emote, and - to vote one down. The Emote Cloud only allows you a single vote per emote.
- There is now a "view" link to view the deviation of the emote submitted.
- New "Help" menu button.
- Improved error handling mechanisms.
- The menu shouldn't be noticeably lagging anymore.
- It's prettier.
Version 0.5 (May 21, 2012)
- Fixed a severe bug which made it impossible to obtain a new emotes list.
- In some browsers, the link to install Forum Cloud didn't work.
Version 0.4.1 (May 16, 2012)
- Added forum cloud links to the message center and the box used to create a new thread.
- Fixed glitch in the message center where posts that weren't to a forum had forum cloud enabled.
- I've re-added the links to the big commenting box.
and hit the "Install" button to get Forum Cloud.
You need Greasemonkey (Firefox Users) or TamperMonkey (Chrome Users) to use this script.
to download Greasemonkey.
to download TamperMonkey.Note:
Not to be a whore or anything, but if you want to track the updates to this script it would be a good idea to watch me so I can automatically notify you of updates in my journal
. I might add an updater within the script itself eventually but not anytime soon.